Before going any further.. I looked up on the internet the purpose of this Epistle (wiki) "The primary purpose of the Letter to the Hebrews is to exhort Christians to persevere in the face of persecution. The central thought of the entire Epistle is the doctrine of the Person of Christ and his role as mediator between God and humanity."
Since i got stuck in chapter 1:1-2 I'l talk about it ... actually i will focus on verse 2.
1 Long ago God spoke many times and in many ways to our ancestors through the prophets. 2 And now in these final days, he has spoken to us through his Son. God promised everything to the Son as an inheritance, and through the Son he created the universe.
Before GOD spoke the ff ways (to name a few):
1. Angels (eg. Genesis 19:11)
2. A donkey (Numbers 22:28-30)
3. Prophets (Moses, Jeremiah, Elijah, Isaiah,etc)
Now GOD speaks to us through Jesus. (period) in lay mans term.. if we have a relationship with Jesus GOD speaks to us... thus the meaning of THROUGH..
- God speaks to me
- God puts His law in my heart
- As i seek Him with all my heart I will find Him
What does this mean to us?? If everything is given to Jesus .... fill in your own revelation!
through the Son he created the universe...
- Through Jesus He creates in me a clean heart
- Through Jesus I love His creation and I will take care of it
- Through His Son I will shepherd His flock as He Shepherds me
Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation